Areas of expertise:
Recombinant protein expression and purification. Crystallography. Enzymology. Cell Biology. Molecular Biology.
Areas of interest:
Recombinant protein expression and purification. Crystallography. Enzymology. Cell Biology. Proteomics.
Functional and enzymatic characterization of human ProCarboxypeptidase A4.
Recombinant expression and crystallization of Drosophila carboxypeptidase D.
Recombinant expression and characterization of Cytosolic Carboxypeptidases (CCPs)
• M.Sc. in Biotechnology at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (2005-2006)
• B.Sc. in Biochemistry at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata (1997-2004)
• Institut de Biotecnologia i de Biomedicina (IBB), Unitat d'Enginyeria de Proteïnes i Enzimologia, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Ph.D. Student, January 2005 - Present
• Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology – Fricker’s Lab, Yeshiva University – New York. Visiting Scientist, July 2007 – November 2007
• EMB Hamburg - Wilmanns Group Visiting Scientist, November 2006
• Institute for Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology Investigation (INGEBI), Chagas Disease Lab, University of Buenos Aires. Assistant, July 2004 - December 2004
• Institute of Research in Theoretical and Applied Physical Chemistry (INIFTA), Nanoscopies Lab, Faculty of Exact Sciences, National University of La Plata. Assistant, October 1999 - May 2003
Participation in other projects:
Nna1-like proteins are active metallocarboxypeptidases of a new and diverse M14 subfamily.
Rodriguez de la Vega M, Sevilla RG, Hermoso A, Lorenzo J, Tanco S, Diez A, Fricker LD, Bautista JM, Aviles FX.
FASEB J. 21(3):851-65 (2007)
The Role of Defects and Molecular Interactions in the Charge Transfer Process through Self-Assembled Thiolate Monolayers on Au(111).
G. Benítez, C. Vericat, S. Tanco, F. Remes Lenicov, M. F. Castez, M. E. Vela, and R. C. Salvarezza.
Langmuir, 20(12), 5030-5037 (2004).